Quick Tips: Post-it Note Magic
This tip falls into the category of "repurposing an everyday item". Those little pieces of sticky paper may have many uses in the office but don't just leave them there. Post-it Notes can be the perfect accessory for your entertaining tool box too.
Here are some of the ways Post-it Notes can help you the next time you're entertaining:
- When you're working out what serving dishes to use for what menu item, write the name of the item on a note and stick it to the serving dish. This is great when you're having people help you as you just need to let them know the type of serving dish and what the menu item is.
- When you're preparing items ahead of time such as ingredients, note which menu item they are for on a Post-it Note and stick it to the outside of the container or the cover.
- If you're trying to work out who is sitting where, put a Post-it Note at each place setting and move them around until you work out who you want to sit where. Then remove the Post-it Note once you have the place marked.
- Timetables are a valuable tool when entertaining, it takes the guesswork out of what needs to be cooked when. Post-it notes are very useful when arranging the timetable. Write down the times on a sheet of paper and then write down the individual tasks to be completed on separate Post-its and the approximate time needed to do them. Then move the post-its until you've worked out a plan that suits your situation and event.
- Line up all the silverware and dinnerware ahead of time but wait to lay the table. Mark the different pieces with a Post-it Note so you know what you are going to be using when. This is great when you have someone helping you because you can have everything ready and they just need to put everything out.